Richard James

Thursday 13 May 2010

MONOLOGUE ONE:

I must confess I sometimes wish this were true. That it never happened, that I’m dreaming. That these walls couldn’t tell our story.

That I never heard your name. But my reflection can’t lie to me. No matter how wide the smile…

Fuck everything ‘s changing…Your fat, your thin, your up, your down

Seasons, cultures, politics, fashions and apparently everybody is gay…well nothing lasts forever.

Art, romances, food (pause) Another bottle empty… I feel empty

I know it’s a primitive thing to want; to need something so bad… but why is it frowned upon? We all do it.

We’re addicts, technology, booze, sex, chocolate, drugs – everyone has an addiction. Tequila – does it make you happy? Smart advertisements make us believe in how we should lead our lives. Bollocks to your simulated reality. No one ever questions it – the elephant in the room.

I look at my reflection and think (pause)

The city lights are constant and, the beat, pulse never stops. Identity, the shoes we wear – every step leaves it’s mark imprinted in the dust. I look at my reflection, a blank expression, an old friend. We are dust.

The coffee I sip, the smile I draw to shadow the confusion from last nights romance. He loves me, he loves me not, he… he… nothing!

Breathe in, breathe outI hold your jumper close to me, the material is harsh it revitalizes me until I realize it’s a jumper and not love, not you.

Another wrinkle painted another hair lost. If constant change unifies us, then time is everything…

So if you could love. If you have loved (pause) Then you might understand…

I must confess I sometimes wish this were true. That it never happened, that I’m dreaming.That these walls couldn’t tell our story.

That I never heard your name. But my reflection can’t lie to me. No matter how wide the smile…

Sometimes we forget to reflect my friend. Take time for you and you only. It’s always a rush, do this, do that. Eat ,sleep, work, drink, smoke, fuck – why is it always with the fuck… and your sex?

I’ve had enough of your sex. In fact, you and your sex can have some of my off and fuck. You do the math. (pause)

Still, the stillness is beautiful… don’t you find?Close your eyes and just listen.

Descartes ‘I think therefore I am’… but he assumes there is an I within his premise. Who am i? who are we?

Where we are at the moment doesn’t matter. Don’t think, just feel. To live, breathe. Another day, another place, another brick in the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment